Skip to main content

Style Hacks


Hey guys, It's important to looks great at all times be it summer, winter , harmattan, party, school or cookouts and there's no room for mishaps but then mishaps still also happen. I remember a while back in secondary school, the school was repainting the building and I, in my usual playful self brushed the wall and got paint on what I was wearing and this was a period school just resumed so everyone is looking peng you just can't afford to look scruffy and not on point and this was first week of school everyone was wearing their best and this made me feel a little sad because I couldn't figure out how to get the stain off so when I saw that bloggers were sharing Betabrand's style hacks graphic, I remembered my paint mishap and how I couldn't figure out a way to get rid of it until much later, I was more than happy to write about style hacks.

Betabrand is an amazing online store based in San Francisco, they let the fans co-design and crowdfund and they don't just stop at the design stage they actually bring these designs to life in a matter of weeks, I mean how many brands actually do that. It's always a "you get what you see".
 My favorite is their women's pants section. In their apparels you can be guaranteed of looking peng (great, beautiful, sexy and all the other nice words you can think of ) without looking stiff or looking uncomfortable. Did I say they offer 10% your first purchase and free standard shipping on all order like it doesn't get better than that.

The picture above is the hacks they sent to me and I decided to add some of mine

How to remove paint stains from clothes

If you get paint on your fabrics it'll be advisable to act quickly in removing it because the longer it stays the harder it is to remove. To get rid of paint you can use alcohol, or turpentine and soap, this was how I got rid of mine


Cinch a boxy or oversize dress

so you have lost weight and there is that dress you still love and don't want to throw away yet because there's a solution, you can cinch in the dress at the waist to still make it look cute, you can do this with a waist belt or you can simple gather up the excess fabric and knot it at the waist line although this is susceptible to loosing but its worth a try


Bad Hair day 

so you have huge curly hair and you don't want the stress of de-tangling and curling and e.t.c and you also need to go out and you don't know how to tame the hair well its called bad hair day and there's a solution and all you need is a scarf and tie it in form of a pineapple I promise you this has never looked bad on anyone






Stubborn Zipper
This is a very old and common trick, if you have a zipper that is stiff you can just apply Vaseline along the edges to create friction so it goes smoothly and if your zip gets worn out in public all you have to do is find a way to zip it down gently and then use your teeth to clamp the zip head to the zipper  this will tighten it back together and it will be manageable for the period you are out

New Jeans Fit 

So you see a jeans that you like but don't have time to wear it and so you don't know if it will fit, you can wrap the waist of the jeans around your neck if it covers the neck it will most likely fit your waist provided your hips are not too magnificent (winks)

Toothpaste Stain

so you are brushing and you're already dressed to go out and then the paste stains your clothes and you use water to wipe it off and you think you are good, no, don’t fall for it it’s a false sense of "good" the stain will dry and it will leave white patches. Toothpaste contains titanium dioxide powder, it causes the white patch and this won’t get off until you use detergent, you use a soft cloth and a little detergent and water to wipe it off, remember little water so you don’t get the whole cloth wet

Prevent Jeans from Fading 

Add vinegar when washing this sets the dye 

That's all the style hacks I have for you, you can tell me about yours in the comment section. Don't forget to check out betabrand here I promise you wont regret it and believe me I don't throw my promises around 


Thanks for reading, please share and comment. xoxoxoxoxox






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concealer: Before or After Foundation?

Prior to my enrollment in makeup school, I always knew concealer should be applied after foundation but when my instructor was creating the first look, she said concealer should go first and I was startled like 'what is she saying, this is just wrong'. This was going on in my head anyways (I didn't say it out but had my poker face on), even though I felt she was doing the wrong thing. Next day I got to school early and a couple of other trainees that were around, so I randomly asked; "should concealer be applied before or after foundation and they both said it should be before foundation with so much confidence". Well... I wasn't going to back down because I still didn't agree with the rationale behind their position but I don't enjoy arguing, so I just let it pass and more so, I wasn't about to make concealer an issue. Moving on,  I was working on my models and I decided to try out both methods, "before and after foundation" and I realis

PRODUCT REVIEW: L.A. Girl Pro Primer Eyeshadow stick

I'm currently attending the House of Tara makeup school ( that's why I have not had time to post), when we were given our starter kit the eye shadow primer was sold out then  and I needed one so I went in search of one that was affordable, I went to Ikeja City Mall to see which one I can get and I saw this beauty I had not seen any previous reviews on this product so I didn't even know what it could do, I bought it because of the packaging. This primer comes in three shades; white, nude and black. I picked the white at first then I saw the nude and decided to go with the nude, this primer is easy to handle when applying it unto your lid, it glides on smoothly so you and blend into the skin with your finger  According to the L.A. Girl website   Pro Primer stick is a multi-tasking primer that has a light weight, non-sticky formula that sets for long-lasting eye makeup application. The smooth texture glides over eyelids to prep your eyes for a flawless, even